These DIY Bath salts with sweet floral tags make the perfect baby or wedding shower favors. You can easily make your own beautifully packaged and divinely scented bath salts with just 4 simple ingredients. The best part is that cost about $1 each to make, which make them beautifully economical. All you need to make these bath salts are dried rose petals, lavender oil, epsom salts and baking soda and about 15 minutes. The result is a luxurious natural bath that your friends and family will love to receive! Of course there will be plenty of bath salts left over for you to soak in (for testing purposes of course!)
Materials to make 30 bath salt Favors
- 1 5kg bag of Epsoak Epsom Salt 5 lbs. Magnesium Sulfate USP“>Epsom salts (great for relaxing)
- 1 x 1lb box of baking soda (makes your skin super soft)
- 3 fresh roses to oven dry or a package of Dried Rose Petals Red 1 Lb Food Grade Edible | Best for Tea, Baking,Crafting | Included Sample Bottle of Rose Absolute Essential Oil“>dried roses
- 40+ drops of Premium Organic Lavender Essential Oil | 10ML | Imported From France – 100% Pure | Undiluted Therapeutic Grade | Aromatherapy | Perfect for Diffusers | Lavandula Officinalis | Hair, Skin and Nail Care“>French Lavender essential oil
- 1 package of DECORA 100 Pieces White Christmas Retro Gift Kraft Tags Plain Blank Scallop Bonbonniere Favor Tags With Jute Twines“>small tags
- SumDirect 100Pcs 4″x6″ Sheer Drawstring Organza Jewelry Pouches Wedding Party Christmas Favor Gift Bags (White)“>Sheer sachets with ribbon to close
You can use any little Bande Masking Roll Sticker Masking Tape Classic Rose for Scrapbooking DIY (BDA223)“>floral stickers to decorate your tags.
How to make the Bath Salts
- In a large bowl place the epsom salts, baking soda and lavender oil and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle in the dried rose petals and mix gently.
- Add the mixture into the sheer bags with a spoon and tie the ribbons closed.
- Add the tags with a sticker and your done!
How to oven dry rose petals
- Choose natural garden roses that have a nice scent (some commercial flowers have little scent and are sprayed) You can find these in local farmers markets.Gently remove the petals from the 3 roses.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
3 . Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and lay the petals down
4. Bake the petals for 10 minutes or until the petals are crisp and break up easily. You don’t want any water left over in the petals. If the petals are still soft to the touch, just bake for 2 more minutes, remove, and check.
Once your satisfied with the dryness, take the parchment paper and petals off the hot sheet to cool on the counter. Break them up and add to your bath salt mixture. Enjoy your bath and thanks to share this article!